Title: Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Marketing and Communications Manager
Job Summary: The Communications Coordinator works to involve the Philanthropy Roundtable’s members in the ongoing mission of strengthening our free society. Responsibilities include preparation, distribution and follow-up on Roundtable communications, analyzing and reporting on the effectiveness of the communications, and management of the Roundtable’s customer relationship management database.
Job Duties: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the content of the organization’s customer relationship management (CRM) database
- Collaborate with staff across all departments to ensure clean and accurate data enters the database and is regularly reviewed and updated; light data entry
- Build large and/or complex data queries and list pulls for export and use in marketing and overall communications efforts
- Design, layout, and distribute all electronic communications; track and distribute all responses and required follow up
- Develop and manage a comprehensive data tracking strategy to capture and analyze relevant metrics to evaluate strategic communications outreach
- Manage external communications calendar to ensure that communications do not overlap and are sent in a timely manner
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: One-two years of communications experience
Computer: Expert knowledge of Excel and working with data; working knowledge of other Office Suite programs; knowledge of HTML5; working knowledge of email distribution platforms such as Constant Contact and Amazon SES; knowledge of or interest in learning how to use Google Analytics, Microsoft CRM (Dynamics), and other database management software in effective marketing and communication to target audiences.
- Understanding of and support for The Philanthropy Roundtable’s mission and vision
- Willingness to learn organizational processes to grasp and address needs of data’s end users
- Interest and ability in using data and metrics in marketing and communications efforts
- Ability to communicate and collaborate well with all staff in different departments of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of a project, understand available resources, and execute
- Ability to respond quickly to issues and opportunities and quickly shift priorities
- Attention to detail and strict adherence to deadlines and deliverables
- Personable, passionate, productive, and focused on protecting philanthropic freedom
- High standard of honesty and able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter to Vice President of Marketing and Communications Angie Lawry at email@example.com.