The Annual Meeting is The Philanthropy Roundtable’s premier event for foundation trustees and philanthropic decision makers committed to strengthening our free society and to exploring, collaborating, and solving our nation’s greatest problems through meaningful and effective philanthropy. For more than 20 years, donors from across the country have met to share ideas, strategies, and best practices, and hear from America’s leading experts in private innovation and forward-thinking policy.
Previous Annual Meeting speakers include:
- Cory Booker, mayor, Newark, New Jersey
- Arthur Brooks, president, American Enterprise Institute
- Jeb Bush, founder, chairman, and president, Foundation for Excellence in Education
- Peter H. Diamandis, chairman and CEO, X Prize Foundation
- Sal Khan, founder and executive director, Khan Academy
- Wendy Kopp, founder and president, Teach For America
- Michael Lomax, president and CEO, UNCF
- Robert J. Mazzuca, chief scout executive, Boy Scouts of America
- Gen. Victor E. Renuart Jr., commander, North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) and U.S. Northern Command (NORTHCOM)
- Charles Schwab, chairman of the board, the Charles Schwab Corporation
- Thomas J. Tierney, chairman and co-founder, Bridgespan
- Meg Whitman, president and CEO, Hewlett-Packard
Previous Annual Meeting sessions include:
- Taxmageddon: Renegotiating the Relationship between Government and the Charitable Sector?
- The Biggest Mistakes You Can Make When Choosing Board Members
- Can Tech-Enabled Learning Boost Student Achievement and Reduce Costs?
- Creating Sanctuary States for Philanthropic Freedom
- Debt of Honor: Four Strategies for Supporting the New Generation of Wounded Warriors
- Is College Worth What We Pay for It?
- Mentoring: A Safety Net for Youth at Risk
- Peak Performance in Philanthropy
- Philanthropy and the Future of the Energy Debate
- Protecting Donor Intent in College Giving
- School Choice: Are Vouchers Worth the Fight?
- Spending Down vs. Perpetuity: How to Achieve Your Charitable Objectives
- Upward Mobility in the Workplace
- Which City Will Lead the Nation in K-12 Education Reform?
The 21st Annual Meeting of The Philanthropy Roundtable brought together some of our nation’s brightest minds and most inspiring leaders. Together we explored how your generosity can make the greatest impact.
The Philanthropy Roundtable is greatly honored to administer the William E. Simon Prize for Philanthropic Leadership. This Prize is presented at the Annual Meeting and past recipients include: Philip and Nancy Anschutz, Truett Cathy, Frank Hanna, Roger Hertog, Charles Koch, and Bernie Marcus.
In order to attend our Annual Meeting, a donor must make charitable grants and contributions of at least $250,000 per year or expect to do so in the future.
“The Philanthropy Roundtable hosts what may be the most intellectually stimulating meetings in the field of philanthropy.”
—Paul Brest, former president, William and Flora Hewlett Foundation