About Philanthropy Roundtable:
Philanthropy Roundtable is a well-established organization in the philanthropic free-market sector, serving as a resource for hundreds of donors and foundation leaders. Our vision is to build and sustain a vibrant American philanthropic movement that strengthens our free society. To achieve this vision, the organization pursues a mission to foster excellence in philanthropy, protect philanthropic freedom and help donors advance liberty, opportunity, and personal responsibility.
Our staff is diverse in experience and perspective, but at our core we share a lot of the same traits and values. We are mission-driven, results-oriented, entrepreneurial, courageous, and team-oriented.
Since 1991, Philanthropy Roundtable has served individual philanthropists and foundations that are refining their philanthropic strategies to maximize the impact of their resources, as well as emerging donors and entrepreneurs who are developing their philanthropic plans. The Roundtable is the leading organization in the United States focused on promoting and defending the power of private giving and the means to create wealth to make charitable giving possible.
About the Role: We are seeking an Accounting Manager to join our Operations Team!
The Accounting Manager will perform all accounting duties for our organization, including processing payroll, recording journal entries, entering invoices, and other duties as assigned. This individual will be responsible for overseeing general accounting operations and controlling financial transactions.
The ideal candidate should have at least seven years of nonprofit accounting experience, possess strong analytical skills, and have a track record of providing accurate and efficient work.
Job Duties: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Prepare the month end close schedules and record journal entries, as needed.
- Manage the accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll processes.
- Maintain tax and business compliance in multiple jurisdictions.
- Record cash receipts and reconcile corresponding revenues in partnership with the Development team.
- Responsible for managing our expense reimbursement platform.
- Work with employees to ensure timely recording of credit card expenses.
- Process payroll semi-monthly payroll per the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain vendor profile within the accounting system.
- Prepare 1099s as required by applicable laws.
- Manage the audit process.
- Manage the preparation of form 990.
- Ad hoc reporting for managers.
- Possess a proven ability to handle information with high discretion and integrity.
- Knowledge of GAAP reporting requirements for nonprofit organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 7-10 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- Willing and able to work at least 2 days a week from the DC office.
- Experience with nonprofit accounting.
- Experience with grant tracking.
- Understands and supports The Philanthropy Roundtable mission and guiding principles.
- Experience with Bill.com.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Experience with Sage Intacct.
- Experience with fund accounting.
- CPA or working toward licensure.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.