About Philanthropy Roundtable:
Philanthropy Roundtable is a well-established organization in the philanthropic free-market sector, serving as a resource for hundreds of donors and foundation leaders. Our vision is to build and sustain a vibrant American philanthropic movement that strengthens our free society. To achieve this vision, the organization pursues a mission to foster excellence in philanthropy, protect philanthropic freedom and help donors advance liberty, opportunity, and personal responsibility.
Our staff is diverse in experience and perspective, but at our core we share a lot of the same traits and values. We are mission-driven, results-oriented, entrepreneurial, courageous, and team-oriented.
Since 1991, Philanthropy Roundtable has served individual philanthropists and foundations that are refining their philanthropic strategies to maximize the impact of their resources, as well as emerging donors and entrepreneurs who are developing their philanthropic plans. The Roundtable is the leading organization in the United States focused on promoting and defending the power of private giving and the means to create wealth to make charitable giving possible.
As our organization continues to grow and broaden our impact, the Marketing and Communications department is seeking a Communications Associate to join the team! This individual will report directly to our Communications Director.
The Communications Associate will play a critical role in advancing the organization’s mission through media monitoring and outreach, various publicity efforts, and editorial support. The ideal candidate will be a skilled communicator (both written and verbal), a proactive self-starter, and someone who has a proven ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once.
Job Duties: (Responsibilities include but are not limited to):
- Curate daily list of Roundtable mentions in the news or other news of note, including partner and nonprofit mentions, to CEO and others.
- Compile biweekly media reports that include highlights, articles for awareness and other philanthropy news of note for all Roundtable staff.
- Compile quarterly media reports that track Roundtable print, radio and television interviews as well as op-eds.
Media outreach and publicity efforts:
- Help compile or update press lists, including project specific lists and profiles on reporters or outlets, and as needed, participate in targeted outreach to members of the media.
- Suggest clips or articles to feature on social media or on the blog.
- Assist with various publicity efforts to promote the Roundtable’s work and spokespeople, which may include but is not limited to coordinating staff speaking engagements, drafting talking points and various research for promotional purposes.
- Keep interview tracker updated including archive of completed interviews.
- Support the Roundtable communications director by assisting with drafting press releases, media pitches and blog content.
- Update editorial calendar with events to keep on our radar.
- Assist with video projects and campaigns as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in communications or a related field (press, public relations, etc.)
- Prior experience with media monitoring and/or tracking (Cision, Meltwater or similar)
- Strong writing skills and editorial judgment
- Strong knowledge of and pulse on current events
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects at once; manage tight deadlines
- Work experience in or strong knowledge of philanthropic sector
- Interest in public policy
- Proven track record of building effective relationships with members of the press
- Familiarity with AP style
Please apply here.