About Philanthropy Roundtable:
Philanthropy Roundtable is a well-established organization in the philanthropic free-market sector, serving as a resource for hundreds of donors and foundation leaders. Our vision is to build and sustain a vibrant American philanthropic movement that strengthens our free society. To achieve this vision, the organization pursues a mission to foster excellence in philanthropy, protect philanthropic freedom and help donors advance liberty, opportunity, and personal responsibility.
Our staff is diverse in experience and perspective, but at our core we share a lot of the same traits and values. We are mission-driven, results-oriented, entrepreneurial, courageous, and team-oriented.
Since 1991, Philanthropy Roundtable has served individual philanthropists and foundations that are refining their philanthropic strategies to maximize the impact of their resources, as well as emerging donors and entrepreneurs who are developing their philanthropic plans. The Roundtable is the leading organization in the United States focused on promoting and defending the power of private giving and the means to create wealth to make charitable giving possible.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Development Assistant to join our Development Team! This entry-level position is integral to all development processes. A strong candidate will help the organization meet and exceed its fundraising goals by building a community of donors aligned with—and committed to—our guiding principles. Responsibilities of the development assistant include running the gift acknowledgment process, conducting donor research, drafting donor profiles and donor correspondence, maintaining, and updating donor records in the database, pulling lists, assisting with the moves management process, and other routine duties necessary to ensure the team’s success.
The ideal candidate will be mission-aligned, have incredible attention to detail, have basic experience with research and writing, and possess a desire to learn about fundraising from the ground up in a fast-paced environment.
Job Duties: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and execute the process for thanking donors for their contributions.
- Conduct research on current or prospective donors.
- Manage database records and perform basic database queries to generate reports and lists as needed.
- Coordinate and manage the grant proposal process internally.
- Support the development team with administrative tasks as needed.
- Professional office experience, such as an internship or fellowship.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Highly organized with an ability to manage the details of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excited and motivated by the guiding principles, mission, and vision of the Roundtable.
- Interested in learning about development.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office to execute tasks such as mail merges and building or updating spreadsheets. Experience working with a donor database a plus.
- Willing and able to work at least 3 days a week from the DC office.
Location: Downtown Washington, D.C.
Travel: Up to 5% of the time for Roundtable events. All travel will be domestic.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.