About Philanthropy Roundtable:
Philanthropy Roundtable is a well-established organization in the philanthropic free-market sector, serving as a resource for hundreds of donors and foundation leaders. Our vision is to build and sustain a vibrant American philanthropic movement that strengthens our free society. To achieve this vision, the organization pursues a mission to foster excellence in philanthropy, protect philanthropic freedom and help donors advance liberty, opportunity, and personal responsibility.
Our staff is diverse in experience and perspective, but at our core we share a lot of the same traits and values. We are mission-driven, results-oriented, entrepreneurial, courageous, and team oriented.
Since 1991, Philanthropy Roundtable has served individual philanthropists and foundations that are refining their philanthropic strategies to maximize the impact of their resources, as well as emerging donors and entrepreneurs who are developing their philanthropic plans. The Roundtable is the leading organization in the United States focused on promoting and defending the power of private giving and the means to create wealth to make charitable giving possible.
About the Role:
We are seeking an Office Coordinator to join the Philanthropy Roundtable! In this position, you will be a vital member of the Operations department and the extended Roundtable team. This individual will be responsible for managing the front and back-office duties as well as the internal and external Roundtable experience.
As the first face our visitors and guests see, we are eager to find someone who is service oriented, passionate about the Roundtable mission, and has excellent communication and organizational skills.
The role is located in our HQ office in downtown Washington, DC.
- Greet visitors and staff, set them up in security system, and coordinate the guest experience.
- Answer main line phone calls, transfer calls as appropriate, and proactively follow up as needed.
- Provide administrative support to Executive Team (calendar management, expense reports, travel).
- Book conference rooms as needed, clean and set up rooms, direct guests/visitors, etc.
- Monitor and order inventory/supplies for office, break room, and conferences rooms.
- Maintain office equipment such as copier, coffee machine, water machine, etc.
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence for main inboxes, faxes, mail, and packages.
- File and organize records, invoices, and other important documentation.
- Submit work orders and scheduling repairs for general office space and equipment.
- Ensure office is clean and organized including front desk, kitchen, mail room, waiting room, conference rooms.
- Serve as liaison between building management.
- Support the development team as needed in entering payments into Salesforce.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- One to three years of administrative or office management experience (internships included)
- Ability to work in office at the Roundtable HQ Monday – Friday
- Endorses and is motivated by the guiding principles, mission and vision of the Roundtable
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be forward-looking, creative, proactive and efficient
- Highly organized with an ability to manage the details of multiple projects and the necessary time management skills to consistently meet deadlines
- Customer-service attitude suited to working with highly successful business leaders and philanthropists
- Exhibit characteristics of cheerfulness, confidence, and professionalism
- Strong computer skills and demonstrable proficiency in using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Versatility to be both a self-starter who takes initiative and a collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills focused on achieving results
- High standard of honesty and strong ethical standards
- Experience with customer relationship management database(s) (i.e., Salesforce)
- Experience supporting Executives and/or C-Suite
Please email one PDF with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.