About Philanthropy Roundtable
Since 1991, The Philanthropy Roundtable has served individual philanthropists and foundations that are refining their philanthropic strategies to maximize the impact of their resources, as well as emerging donors and entrepreneurs who are developing their philanthropic plans. The Roundtable creates an environment where philanthropists learn about effective giving strategies and benefit from others’ experiences in a wide array of areas—ultimately helping them to make transformative investments that have a significant impact on some of America’s most pressing problems. The Roundtable currently assists over 600 members, primarily foundations and generous families.
The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for drafting, curating and uploading content on The Philanthropy Roundtable’s website, managing the Roundtable’s social media platforms, and developing digital marketing campaigns. This role will report to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications. S/he will post and promote new publications, to include quarterly magazine issues, newly published books in digital format, occasional podcasts, and videos. S/he will closely monitor GoogleAnalytics trends for all Roundtable products, optimize all products for search engines, and create and operate sophisticated Google AdWords campaigns to target and expand audiences for all products. The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for running active Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube accounts, and develop new platforms and media campaigns as needed to bring all of our creative products to the attention of wide audiences. This role is based in Washington, D.C. at Philanthropy Roundtable’s headquarters.
- Post, adapt, and, edit all web content
- Create, write, or commission original web-only content that drives web traffic and furthers the organization’s mission
- Work with website developer to triage and swiftly address website inadequacies or errors
- Upload clean, accurate copy promptly after print products are created. Select or produce headlines and pull quotes for web posts
- Procure photography and illustration, using Photoshop to manipulate most images without assistance of art director
- Maintain high standards of visual clarity, beauty, and ease of use
- Continually enhance the quality and appearance of the website; help support the organization’s long-term vision to provide a best-in-class platform for its users
- Continually improve the website for search engine optimization; monitor trends and changes in SEO and adjust the website accordingly
- Attend annual and regional conferences; provide logistical support to events staff, draft recaps of sessions, and manage video production initiatives
- Manage an active and imaginative social media effort including daily postings, on multiple platforms, promoting products and the general mission and philosophy of the Roundtable
- Maintain expertise in Google Analytics, AdWords, web, social media, video production, and SEO
- Provide technical assistance to our periodic production of videos; this may include video research, video captures, fresh video shoots, video editing, assemblage, polishing, simple sound adjustment, and music tracking
- Other marketing and communications duties as assigned
- Experience: At least 3 years working in digital marketing, marketing, promotion/advertising
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
- Computer: Strong computer skills; excellent command of MS Office, Outlook, CRM database, HTML/CSS, GoogleAnalytics, SEO, AdWords, Facebook and Twitter advertising; familiarity with Sitefinity a plus
- Understand and support The Philanthropy Roundtable’s mission and vision
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate and collaborate well with different departments of the organization
- Strong attention to details and highly organized
- Ability to work independently and complete work on time, without errors or sloppiness
- Solution oriented – ready to suggest improvements, repairs, refinements, and enhancements then show independence and stamina in carrying them to completion
- High energy, a willingness to work hard (sometimes under deadline pressures), and an innate desire to produce superior work
- Possess an analytical mind and strong digital skills
- High standard of honesty and able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Limited travel (about 5-10 percent of time) within the United States
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position and your salary requirements
- Brief writing sample, no more than 3 pages
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.