Donor-only Salon Dinners
We’re excited to host donor-only salon dinner discussions at restaurants along the vibrant San Antonio Riverwalk. Salon dinners will consist of groups of 10-14 donors sharing a meal together as they engage in thought-provoking conversation around a particular topic.
Dinner topics are designed to be macro in nature. To reserve your seat at a salon dinner, please prioritize your top three topics of interest by emailing Mary Margaret Holden at mholden@PhilanthropyRoundtable.org. Salon dinner selections are made on a first-come, first-served basis and are included in the conference registration fee.
Salon Dinner Basics:
- The main rule: Dinners are centered around a singular conversation, the whole time. That’s 10-14 brains on one topic!
- A mix of guests: The goal is for attendees get to know new people from different parts of the country via an engaging conversation in an intimate setting.
- Pre-reading and questions to consider in advance: Dinner attendees may be asked to complete pre-reading (<10min) to provide context for a given topic. Attendees can expect a thought-provoking icebreaker question in advance of the dinner.
- Discussion leader: Each dinner is led by a donor peer to pose questions and encourage every participant to contribute to the overall conversation.
1. Rethinking Demands of Workforce Development
2. Shared Challenges and Solutions in Rural Education
3. Private School Choice in the Courts and Schools
4. Mental Health Supports as a Necessity and not a Luxury
5. Community Impact in Early Childhood Education
6. A Federalist Approach to Civics Education
7. A New Direction for Catholic Schools
8. Coalition-Building and Parental Empowerment
9. Strengthening Whole Child Education