Major Gifts Officer
About Philanthropy Roundtable:
Philanthropy Roundtable is a well-established organization in the philanthropic free-market sector, serving as a resource for hundreds of donors and foundation leaders. Our vision is to build and sustain a vibrant American philanthropic movement that strengthens our free society. To achieve this vision, the organization pursues a mission to foster excellence in philanthropy, protect philanthropic freedom and help donors advance liberty, opportunity, and personal responsibility.
Our staff is diverse in experience and perspective, but at our core we share a lot of the same traits and values. We are mission-driven, results-oriented, entrepreneurial, courageous, and team-oriented.
Since 1991, Philanthropy Roundtable has served individual philanthropists and foundations that are refining their philanthropic strategies to maximize the impact of their resources, as well as emerging donors and entrepreneurs who are developing their philanthropic plans. The Roundtable is the leading organization in the United States focused on promoting and defending the power of private giving and the means to create wealth to make charitable giving possible.
About the Major Gifts Officer Opening:
The Philanthropy Roundtable Development team is seeking a Major Gifts Officer to join our team and help cultivate and grow our community of donors. This individual will report to the Senior Director of Development and be responsible for a portfolio of individual and foundation donors. The ideal candidate is someone who has a proven track record of building relationships with donors and prospects (both individuals and foundation staff,) is comfortable with the solicitation process, and is excited to bring these skills to the Roundtable. This individual will play a critical role in advancing our mission and organizational goals.
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Development and the Senior Director of Development, establish long-term fundraising plans, set objectives, and track progress towards achieving our goals
- Develop and execute a comprehensive cultivation and solicitation strategy.
- Directly solicit major and planned gifts from high-net worth individuals and foundation staff through in-person, or virtual solicitation meetings
- Manage relationships, including regular meetings, with a portfolio of major individual and foundation donors and prospects to update them on our work and engage them with our community
- Work with the development team’s senior writer to craft proposals for foundations and individuals, where appropriate.
- Track portfolio activity, communication, and progress in Salesforce
- Collaborate with the Events and Communications & Marketing teams
- Represent the Roundtable at conferences and events, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in a development/direct fundraising role or similar (investor relations, external relations, private equity)
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-profile relationships
- Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to build profitable partnerships quickly and effectively
- Must be adaptable and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills and business acumen.
- Ability and desire to travel approximately 25% of the time
- Passionate about the vision and mission of Philanthropy Roundtable and ability to clearly communicate and connect others to our vision and mission
- Has successfully closed six and seven figure gifts
- Already has strong existing relationships in the nonprofit sector
How To Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF file:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position, Philanthropy Roundtable’s mission, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.